If you click on one of my recommended item links and then place an order through Amazon, I receive a small commission on that sale, at no extra expense to you.
Arugula, Beet, Walnut and Goat Cheese Salad
• 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
• 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 tsp Kosher salt
• 1 tsp Sugar
Lemon Vinaigrette Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in glass jar and shake well. Taste. Adjust seasoning. Depending on the strength of the lemon, you might have to add more oil. Can be stored in the refrigerator.
• 5 oz Arugula
• 6 oz Cooked Red beets * peeled, cut thinly on a mandoline and julienned (or Trader Joe’s Steamed and Peeled Ready to Eat) *See directions below on how to cook fresh beets.
• 2 fl oz Lemon Vinaigrette
• 3 oz Goat Cheese
• 2 oz. Walnuts, rough chopped and toasted (I’ve also used shelled pistachios and did not toast them and had delicious results)
1. In a large bowl, combine arugula, beets, and dressing and toss.
2. Neatly pile on chilled salad plates.
3. Top with goat cheese and walnuts.
If you don’t have a mandoline. You need one. This is such a time saver. This mandoline gets great reviews!
- Cooked Beets Directions:
To cook beets, scrub them well, cut off the top and the stem tip. Wrap in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F until tender. This takes about 45-60 minutes. Remove from the oven, unwrap the foil and let them cool. Using a paper towel, rub the outside to remove the skin. They can be made the day before making the salad.