If you click on one of my recommended item links and then place an order through Amazon, I receive a small commission on that sale, at no extra expense to you.
I like to serve these quesadillas with some canned black beans that I have added some salsa too.
6 large eggs, discard 3 of the yolks
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 cups chopped spinach
4 ounces reduced fat cheddar or Mexican Blend cheese, grated
4 large whole wheat flour tortillas, I like Mission Organic Whole Wheat Tortillas
About 3 tsp olive oil
For serving: salsa, reduced fat sour cream, guacamole, avocado, cubed or sliced.
- Before you start the quesadillas, prepare the serving condiments and any side dishes.
- To make the black beans, pour half a can of canned black bean into a bowl and add 1/4 cup or more salsa and stir. Heat in the microwave when the quesadillas are ready.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add a splash of water or milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Add 1 tsp olive oil to pan and spread it around with a paper towel. When the oil shimmers, pour eggs into skillet, season with salt and pepper and scramble until cooked. Toss spinach on top and stir. Remove to a plate.
- Wipe the skillet out with a paper towel, add 1 tsp oil to skillet and when the oil shimmers, place one tortilla in, cover the tortilla with a thin layer of shredded cheese.
- Top with some of the scrambled eggs and some more cheese and place another tortilla on top.
- Cook until golden on each side, about 4-5 minutes per side. Cut into wedges. Serve topped with salsa, reduced fat sour cream, guacamole, avocado
- Repeat with second tortilla.